ALL TAX PAYMENTS MUST NOW BE MADE TO THE TOWN OF ROME CLERK/TREASURER
- Make checks for the full or 1st installment (on or before January 31st) PAYABLE TO:
Town of Rome Clerk/Treasurer
1156 Alpine Dr.
Nekoosa, WI. 54457
Phone: (715) 325-8022
- AFTER February 1st, ALL payments must be made to:
Adams County Treasurer
PO Box 470
Friendship, WI. 53934
Phone: (608) 339-4202
- Check your tax and assessment records online at http://www.adamscountylandrecords.com
- Enter the Tax and Assessment System, put in your parcel ID# (030-0????-????) and use 2019 tax year and then hit SUBMIT. You can look at other years information by changing the year.
- If possible, refer to your parcel #030-0????-????, when calling about your property
- Please mail or bring your payment in along with the appropriate portion of your tax bill. All mail is processed daily.
- All payments will be recorded on the date received. We will no longer honor postmark dates.
- If you would like a receipt, please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.
- Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.. Monday thru Friday
- Closed December 24 and 25, 2019 and January 1, 2020 for the holidays.
- There is a NIGHT DEPOSIT BOX in the vestibule for after hour convenience.
- There is a $30.00 fee for returned checks.
Electronic Payments for Taxes
ONLY for payments before JANUARY 25, 2020
- As part of our commitment to provide citizens with efficient, convenient service, the Town of Rome has partnered with PayGOV.us to offer payment of taxes over the internet. Electronic payments can be made through the following link, https://pay.paygov.us/EndUser/PaymentAgency.aspx?ttid=19673. The site will be active until January 25, 2020, for first installment payments by credit card online.
- You can use your VISA, DISCOVER OR MASTERCARD
- PayGOV.us, the service provider, charges a 2.75% convenience fee for payment processing. There is no savings by having us do it in the office, the charge is still the same.
PLEASE DROP A NOTE IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS INCORRECT
PAYMENTS WILL NOT POST TO THE COUNTY WEBSITE UNTIL MID FEBRUARY
- The County does not send out a 2nd installment reminder in June
- REMEMBER, SAVE YOUR TAX BILL, only mail the appropriate stub with your payment!